Brittany Schell is a health and environment reporter for Oakland North and a student at UC Berkeley's Graduate School of Journalism. She previously studied at American University in Washington, D.C., where she worked for the campus newspaper and also as a financial reporting intern for the Bureau of National Affairs. After graduating in 2009, Brittany received a fellowship from The Media Consortium to work with OneWorld.net in both an editorial and reporting capacity. She also spent two years abroad in France, honing her language skills and traveling to Morocco, Jordan, Bulgaria and many European countries. Brittany is passionate about environmental and public health issues, especially agriculture and food-related topics.
You Tell Us
Op-Eds from the community
- You Tell Us: Mandela’s Oakland visit was turning point for young refugeePosted
- You Tell Us: To combat violence, put love into actionPosted
- You Tell Us: My mother’s work deserves dignityPosted
- You Tell Us: Meatless Monday, a resolution that can make a world of differencePosted
- You Tell Us: Vote yes on Measure A1Posted