Brittany Schell is a health and environment reporter for Oakland North and a student at UC Berkeley's Graduate School of Journalism. She previously studied at American University in Washington, D.C., where she worked for the campus newspaper and also as a financial reporting intern for the Bureau of National Affairs. After graduating in 2009, Brittany received a fellowship from The Media Consortium to work with OneWorld.net in both an editorial and reporting capacity. She also spent two years abroad in France, honing her language skills and traveling to Morocco, Jordan, Bulgaria and many European countries. Brittany is passionate about environmental and public health issues, especially agriculture and food-related topics.
Oakland North is a news project of UC Berkeley’s Graduate School of Journalism.
Oakland Votes 2014
Find candidate profiles, ballot measures and in-depth Election Day coverage at on our Election 2014 page.
Most Recent Election Stories
You Tell Us
Op-Eds from the community
- You Tell Us: Why I support Measure BBPosted
- You Tell Us: Oakland voters should reject Measure ZPosted
- You Tell Us: Why I support Measure FF to raise the minimum wagePosted
- You Tell Us: Cellphone ‘kill switches’ will cut robberiesPosted
- You Tell Us: Mandela’s Oakland visit was turning point for young refugeePosted