Brittany Schell is a health and environment reporter for Oakland North and a student at UC Berkeley's Graduate School of Journalism. She previously studied at American University in Washington, D.C., where she worked for the campus newspaper and also as a financial reporting intern for the Bureau of National Affairs. After graduating in 2009, Brittany received a fellowship from The Media Consortium to work with OneWorld.net in both an editorial and reporting capacity. She also spent two years abroad in France, honing her language skills and traveling to Morocco, Jordan, Bulgaria and many European countries. Brittany is passionate about environmental and public health issues, especially agriculture and food-related topics.
Oakland North is a news project of UC Berkeley’s Graduate School of Journalism. Learn more here
Oakland Votes 2014
Find candidate profiles, ballot measures and in-depth Election Day coverage at on our Election 2014 page.
Most Recent Election Stories
- Made in Oakland: Four “maker city” stories in four objectsPosted
- From an Oakland warehouse of even weirder things: Schaaf’s fire-snorting mayoral snailPosted
- Registrar’s map gives nuanced glimpse into Oakland mayoral resultsPosted
- Oakland’s mayoral battle is over: How much did candidates pay for your vote?Posted
- Three new school board members electedPosted
You Tell Us
Op-Eds from the community