Debora Silva is a Brazilian journalist living in California. She works as a freelancer associate producer for KQED Public Television and is pursuing a Master’s degree in Broadcast journalism at UC Berkeley. Silva started her career at a television station in Sao Paulo, Brazil. For four years, she worked as a reporter and producer for Extensao.Doc, a documentary news program about social and political issues, where she interviewed a wide range of people including then president, Lula da Silva. In 2009, Debora moved to California to pursue a career as a correspondent journalist. She is fluent in Portuguese, English and Spanish. In her free time, she enjoys salsa dancing, and traveling.
Oakland North is a news project of UC Berkeley’s Graduate School of Journalism. Learn more here
Oakland Votes 2014
Find candidate profiles, ballot measures and in-depth Election Day coverage at on our Election 2014 page.
Most Recent Election Stories
- Made in Oakland: Four “maker city” stories in four objectsPosted
- From an Oakland warehouse of even weirder things: Schaaf’s fire-snorting mayoral snailPosted
- Registrar’s map gives nuanced glimpse into Oakland mayoral resultsPosted
- Oakland’s mayoral battle is over: How much did candidates pay for your vote?Posted
- Three new school board members electedPosted
You Tell Us
Op-Eds from the community