Twelve years ago, the arrest of four police officers known as the “Riders” who were accused of planting evidence and making false arrests, shocked Oakland residents and prompted a civil lawsuit against the city. Now,...
Oakland North is a news project of UC Berkeley’s Graduate School of Journalism. Learn more here
Oakland Votes 2014
Find candidate profiles, ballot measures and in-depth Election Day coverage at on our Election 2014 page.
Most Recent Election Stories
- Made in Oakland: Four “maker city” stories in four objectsPosted
- From an Oakland warehouse of even weirder things: Schaaf’s fire-snorting mayoral snailPosted
- Registrar’s map gives nuanced glimpse into Oakland mayoral resultsPosted
- Oakland’s mayoral battle is over: How much did candidates pay for your vote?Posted
- Three new school board members electedPosted
You Tell Us
Op-Eds from the community