The Linden Street Brewery is small and unpretentious, but its owners are proud of their brewing tradition, which goes back to the early 1800’s, when settlers from Germany first made Oakland their home. The West...
Oakland North is a news project of UC Berkeley’s Graduate School of Journalism.
Oakland Votes 2014
Find candidate profiles, ballot measures and in-depth Election Day coverage at on our Election 2014 page.
Most Recent Election Stories
You Tell Us
Op-Eds from the community
- You Tell Us: Why I support Measure BBPosted
- You Tell Us: Oakland voters should reject Measure ZPosted
- You Tell Us: Why I support Measure FF to raise the minimum wagePosted
- You Tell Us: Cellphone ‘kill switches’ will cut robberiesPosted
- You Tell Us: Mandela’s Oakland visit was turning point for young refugeePosted