Born out of Code for America, a non-profit that serves as a kind of digital liaison between governments and residents, OpenOakland is a volunteer-based group of people interested in using technology to make government more...
Oakland North is a news project of UC Berkeley’s Graduate School of Journalism.
Oakland Votes 2014
Find candidate profiles, ballot measures and in-depth Election Day coverage at on our Election 2014 page.
Most Recent Election Stories
You Tell Us
Op-Eds from the community
- You Tell Us: Why I support Measure BBPosted
- You Tell Us: Oakland voters should reject Measure ZPosted
- You Tell Us: Why I support Measure FF to raise the minimum wagePosted
- You Tell Us: Cellphone ‘kill switches’ will cut robberiesPosted
- You Tell Us: Mandela’s Oakland visit was turning point for young refugeePosted