Get your deal on at Bike to Market Day
on May 21, 2010
Saturday, May 22 is the East Bay’s first annual Bike to Market Day. If you’re trying to save on groceries, this is the day to hop on your bike and go shopping. If you show up at select grocery stores and farmers markets with your bike, you’ll get discounts and other goodies.
This event was organized by the East Bay Bicycle Coalition. They’re trying to show that bicycles can be used for more things than just commuting and fun. Before you shop make sure to print a coupon available from East Bay Bicycle Coalition’s website.
Here are the participating markets:
- Alameda Natural Grocery (10% Discount for Cyclists)
- Berkeley Bowl (10% Discount to cyclists shopping with helmet in hand)
- Farmer Joe’s Marketplace (10% Discount for Cyclists and Goodie Bags)
- The Foodmill (10% Discount for Cyclists and Free Cookie Bars!)
- The Grocery Outlet (10% Discount for Cyclists)
- Monterey Market (Goodie Bags)
- The Natural Grocery Company (15% Discount to cyclists shopping with helmet in hand)
- Safeway (Free reusable shopping bag with coupon)
- Whole Foods (Buy $20 of products, get 1 Free bag of 365 Organic Fruit Mix)
Oakland North welcomes comments from our readers, but we ask users to keep all discussion civil and on-topic. Comments post automatically without review from our staff, but we reserve the right to delete material that is libelous, a personal attack, or spam. We request that commenters consistently use the same login name. Comments from the same user posted under multiple aliases may be deleted. Oakland North assumes no liability for comments posted to the site and no endorsement is implied; commenters are solely responsible for their own content.
Oakland North is an online news service produced by students at the UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism and covering Oakland, California. Our goals are to improve local coverage, innovate with digital media, and listen to you–about the issues that concern you and the reporting you’d like to see in your community. Please send news tips to: firstname.lastname@example.org.