Image Comics changed the face of the industry with the success of titles like “Spawn” and the “Walking Dead.” At Image, the idea was to create a company where comic creators could bring new ideas to the table and the creators would own their intellectual property without worrying about being underpaid. Spencer Whitney tells us the story of the Berkeley-based Image Comics and how they became the largest independent comic book publisher in the industry.
Oakland North is a news project of UC Berkeley’s Graduate School of Journalism. Learn more here
Oakland North Video
- Alameda County offers healthy food preparation classes and food handling certificationPosted
- Nearly one third of Glenn Dyer prisoners wrap up hunger strikePosted
- The Oakland Museum celebrates Días De Los Muertos festivalPosted
- Oakland Burrito Project brings food to the homelessPosted
- Oaklanders voice opinion about new A’s stadium at Peralta College meetingPosted