BART’s closed, how are you getting home?
on July 2, 2013
Need to know how you’re getting home tonight because of the BART strike? Check out these resources to help you plan:
– For people in San Francisco, Muni offers a list of alternatives here.
From West Oakland Station to San Francisco from 5 to 9 a.m. and back from a stop near the San Francisco Transbay Terminal from 3 to 7 p.m.
– For the AC Transit schedule, click here.
– RidePal is offering free shuttle service to cross the Bay starting at 4 p.m. today. The shuttle will go from the Lakeshore/Grand carpooling pick-up spot at 533 Lake Park Avenue to the San Francisco TransBay Terminal.
– Taxi alternatives include car sharing apps such as SideCar, Lyft and Uber. According to SideCar spokesperson Rachael King, the company has increased its number of drivers by 25 percent compared with last Tuesday.
– Need to drive across the Bay? Check live traffic here.
– Want more live coverage of day 2 of the BART strike? Click here.
Stay calm out there, and be sure to send in photos and tips.
Image: Photo by Potential Past
Oakland North welcomes comments from our readers, but we ask users to keep all discussion civil and on-topic. Comments post automatically without review from our staff, but we reserve the right to delete material that is libelous, a personal attack, or spam. We request that commenters consistently use the same login name. Comments from the same user posted under multiple aliases may be deleted. Oakland North assumes no liability for comments posted to the site and no endorsement is implied; commenters are solely responsible for their own content.
Oakland North is an online news service produced by students at the UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism and covering Oakland, California. Our goals are to improve local coverage, innovate with digital media, and listen to you–about the issues that concern you and the reporting you’d like to see in your community. Please send news tips to: email@example.com.