On December 1, the Mills Board of Trustees will make decisions regarding curriculum cuts at Mills College. The members of the board may make a final decision on whether to phase out the undergraduate dance major over the next few years. Since Mills president Alecia DeCoudreaux announced in a school-wide email on October 19 that several programs were under consideration to be downsized or phased out, there have been four forums in order for students and faculty to voice their concerns about budget cuts.
Oakland North is a news project of UC Berkeley’s Graduate School of Journalism. Learn more here
Oakland North Video
- Alameda County offers healthy food preparation classes and food handling certificationPosted
- Nearly one third of Glenn Dyer prisoners wrap up hunger strikePosted
- The Oakland Museum celebrates Días De Los Muertos festivalPosted
- Oakland Burrito Project brings food to the homelessPosted
- Oaklanders voice opinion about new A’s stadium at Peralta College meetingPosted