Welcome back to the Tales of Two Cities podcast. This week is all about the ladies-stories of women doing incredible things in their communities. Tune in to hear about an Oakland workshop training women to use power tools, twelve female Bay Area chefs raising money to support local youth, a company specializing in nail products, and an interview with the director of The Latina Center in Richmond.
Oakland North is a news project of UC Berkeley’s Graduate School of Journalism. Learn more here
Oakland North Video
- Alameda County offers healthy food preparation classes and food handling certificationPosted
- Nearly one third of Glenn Dyer prisoners wrap up hunger strikePosted
- The Oakland Museum celebrates Días De Los Muertos festivalPosted
- Oakland Burrito Project brings food to the homelessPosted
- Oaklanders voice opinion about new A’s stadium at Peralta College meetingPosted