The Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America, a non-profit organization, travels to a hundred different cities around the country each year offering free foreclosure counseling. They stopped and set up shop in downtown Oakland in October. In this audio story we hear from Francisco Ulloa, an Alameda resident, who received counseling on his mortgage during the five-day NACA event.
Oakland North is a news project of UC Berkeley’s Graduate School of Journalism. Learn more here
Oakland North Video
- Alameda County offers healthy food preparation classes and food handling certificationPosted
- Nearly one third of Glenn Dyer prisoners wrap up hunger strikePosted
- The Oakland Museum celebrates Días De Los Muertos festivalPosted
- Oakland Burrito Project brings food to the homelessPosted
- Oaklanders voice opinion about new A’s stadium at Peralta College meetingPosted