Ye Tian is a student of Graduate School of Journalism at UC Berkeley. Tian’s interest in journalism began during a six-month internship with Ted Koppel during the production of a documentary in China. Tian received guidance from an associate producer named John Alexander whose passion for journalism became contagious. Unexpectedly, Alexander suffered heart failure in China that ended in his life at the age of 26. Like Alexander, Tian became passionate about reporting and regarded it one way to remember Alexander. Tian took his second six-month internship with CBS News Beijing bureau, where he learned the basics of TV news. He worked as a fulltime researcher for Yuanfang Media, a Beijing-based documentary company before coming to California. Tian hopes to develop his talents here at Berkeley and report a story from China that western society has yet to hear.
Oakland North is a news project of UC Berkeley’s Graduate School of Journalism. Learn more here
Oakland North Video
- Alameda County offers healthy food preparation classes and food handling certificationPosted
- Nearly one third of Glenn Dyer prisoners wrap up hunger strikePosted
- The Oakland Museum celebrates Días De Los Muertos festivalPosted
- Oakland Burrito Project brings food to the homelessPosted
- Oaklanders voice opinion about new A’s stadium at Peralta College meetingPosted